Wednesday 16 March 2016

My abductor ‘forcefully made love to me any time he wanted’ – Patience Paul


The news of Patience Paul Adaji, a 15-year-old teenager’s abduction came on the heels of the furor over the kidnap of Ese Oruru, hence the relevant authorities took immediate action and Patience was rescued on March 4.
Patience, who’s from Ochobo in Ohimini Local Government Area of Benue State, was abducted in Sokoto state and converted to Islam.
After reuniting with her family, Patience, who was once seen at the Sultan of Sokoto’s palace, has narrated how she was abducted and sexually abused by her abductor for 7 months.

Although the teenager admitted that she was not forced into marriage, she revealed that she was turned into a sex slave in the house of the Sarkin Baki.
Patience disclosed to Leadership that some Hisbah (Sharia police) personnel took her to an Imam in Runjin Sambo area of Sokoto, claiming that she wanted to convert with Islam.
“I was sent to buy biscuits and on my way I saw him (her abductor) and he persuaded me to come to his bungalow. Yes, he was forcefully making love to me any time he wanted. They first took me to Sarkin Baki house, and kept me there for seven months before my parents came looking for me.”
“They gave me something to drink, but I refused to take the drink, and they took me to one room and locked me inside the room.”
“They forcefully made me to turn to Muslim and gave me another name, Aisha. Some people wanted to marry me, but the Sarkin Baki refused and said until I finish Islamic school before they marry me off.”

No comments:

Post a Comment